Sunday, October 21, 2012

How to DECLINE invitations politely

There are many ways to decline an invitation politely. Here are some suggested patterns:

Sue   :   Would you like to join me for a movie this afternoon?
Ann  :   I'd love to but I've promised my mother to look after my sisters.

Nick   :  There's a football match at the stadium this evening. Are you coming?
Mark  :  Sorry, Nick. I have to accompany my brothers to the bookstore.

Halim  :  Come over my house this weekend. We are going to throw a barbeque party.
Hasni  :  Thank you for inviting me but I don't think I can make it.

Rajesh  :  There will be a tea party next Friday at my house. Hope you can make it.
Bindu   :  I'd really like to join but I have another plan with my family.

Mimi   :  There's a mega sale at Jusco. Let's go shopping, Suzy.
Suzy    :  Next time, perhaps. I'm not free today, Mimi.


No comments:

Post a Comment